Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sleep Deprivation and other tales

 I did not sleep on the plane and dragging my bag through the air port to the bus station was exhausting. I got outside and it was so cold that I could see my breath. That was a weird transition from eighty degrees at home. The bus was like a charter bus except you had to wear seat belts, and it was like pulling teeth to get any slack on them. I finally got some sleep on the bus, despite the constricting seat belt.

When I woke up it was green everywhere. The fields were lined with bushes and trees that made them look like pieces to a patch work quilt blanketing the country side.

Oh, and the hills!


The picture is blurry, but it is still beautiful. I will get a picture that does them justice before I leave.

Thankfully, after the sleepless plane ride, the people in Bath knew that we would be exhausted and let us hang out in our house after we arrived in Bath. My roommates and I had a meal of pasta which took longer to cook than any pasta should and sat down to watch Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on VHS. Apparently previous students of the program just went out and bought Video tape from thrift shops for 50p (about 50 cents).

We could barely stay up long enough to watch the whole movie. Everyone was nodding off during it and it was only 8:30 when it finally finished. The people from the program told us not to go to bed until ten so we had another hour and a half to trudge through. I slept like a rock, thankful to be stretched on a bed rather than squeezed in a chair, but I woke up at seven in the morning. I had to leave before nine and shower, but I still didn't want to wake up that early.


I did not pick this comforter our. It was already there or I wouldn't have chosen pink floral, but it is about an inch thick which is very useful because it is always pretty cold.

There are two but the other one is missing strings. The director of the program said that they would restring it for me since it is technically their guitar. It also has everyone who has played it sign it. I think it would be cool to leave my mark at the house.

I can't believe this is only the end of the second day. It feels like I have been here a week and known my housemates for longer.

1 comment: