Friday, September 18, 2015

The Storyteller and other tales

This week has been a little hectic because of homework which seems to always be a trouble during the school year. Today is the first day I have had that wasn't dedicated to finishing chapters in a book. And it doesn't help that I feel obligated to pet this little guy every five seconds.

She is one of those animals that instinctively knows that you are taking a picture of it therefore she is never facing the camera when I try. If you didn't see my post about her on facebook I'll give you a little blurb about her. She is the unofficial house cat of Prior park and is only let into the kitchen during meal times when we are in the kitchen long enough to feel guilty. Her name is still yet to be determined even though have been here three weeks. It was Gregory at some point (this was when we were questioning the gender), and then Mary Queen of Scots. Now, she is kind of just the Cat.

I just looked back and realized how much has happen since my last post. Well, I'll start off with the most important. I turned 21! Yeah! Truthfully not very exciting since the legal age is 18 here, but I still had a lot of fun. My housemates made me a cake which took eons to finish. Fun Fact: The stoves and ovens here do not heat up as much as they do in America. It takes twice as long to cook anything.

Unfortunately, the cake finished right before we left to go an Open Mic, but not before my housemates could sing me happy birthday without any lit candles for me to blow out. They apparently forgot a lighter, but that makes it more memorable. We went to a pub where I got a free drink, some kind of cider, and I got to sit and hang out with everyone before we moved up to where the open mic was. It had fun music, mostly guitar and singing, and some poetry, but the most memorable part was that accordion player and the singer. They did fun little tunes, in an undetermined language, that made you smile.

When I finally was too tired to sit around anymore I went to leave, but not before one of the people who show us around Bath brought out a cake. This one had one candle on it and the few people that were left, some people had gone to a different pub not too interested in the music, sang a hurried happy birthday before I blew out my candle.

We sat down and I cut apparently huge chunks of cakes according to English standards. Though as soon as I took a bite of it I had to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment