Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Peter Pan and other tales

I am home finally, though the the weather makes me think otherwise, but we never had torrential downpours this constant in England. The rain there didn't always want to soak you through to the bone.  I never would have thought I would wish for snow. We would have at about eight feet of it if the temperature was below freezing this whole week.

Lovely winter weather aside I am beginning to miss England. I knew it would hit me sometime. I even had a dream last night about traveling around again with people from ASE. This dream however also involved summer camps, scavenger hunts, and possibly a few characters from Star Wars were running around in the background. Even if the my time in Bath wasn't quite like this it was fun.

So, I thought today would be a good day to reminisce, even though it has only been a little over a week since I got back. There are two main things that I didn't have a chance to get to before I came home. One is my work with Next Stage Youth on their production of Peter Pan. The other is the three days I spent in Stratford-upon-Avon.

I spent a good part of my semester working with the kids on Peter Pan, and it was a lovely experience. The actors had more focus and dedication than I have seen in most other youth productions. Even though I was backstage, away from the kids, for a good portion of my time there I still loved working with them. If I could come back and work on a production with them again I would. I'm glad I had the opportunity to work on this play. I always feel at home and welcome in theatre, so thank you to everyone I worked with in Peter Pan.

Before the end of my semester we took one last trip with the whole program was to Stratfor-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare. We saw three shows performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company. Love for Love, Wendy and Peter Pan, and Queen Anne. They were all fantastic performances in there own unique way. Seeing so many performances and being able to discuss them my classmates was engaging and fantastic

The program I was a part of in England was amazing.  I had so many unique experiences that I never would have had otherwise. I will always have fond memories of my time in England because of this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment